Why do I want to sleep all of the time?

I sleep until noon and then want to go to bed at 6 p.m. This doesn't make any sense to me. I understand that I should be tired, but this tired? I'm 24 weeks this week and this seems a bit much on the tired end for me.

yolin_star

Asked by yolin_star at 7:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Being tired usually is only in the first 4 months of pregnancy. That is what I thought.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think it is normal. I have several friends who are tired throughout the entire pregnancy.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Being tired is normal. Is there any chance of you being a little depressed. I had a slight problem with depression when I was pregnant with my second. I wanted to sleep a lot!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My first pregnancy I slept as much as possible, only getting up to eat and pee. I was really depressed tho with that one, oh but I just remembered when I have days off from work now I sleep until 5 when I go pickbmy son up from daycare. I also have been dozing off at work, so I think its normal for you to feel tired!
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 12:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You are growing another human life, it takes a lot out of you. Other than that, how is your iron level? Are you eating enough? Drinking plenty of water? Rest up while you can!
    Eco_Momma

Answer by Eco_Momma at 10:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• The result is/was that I have a severe cold and that's why I was/am so tired all the time.
    yolin_star

Comment by yolin_star (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011