Wedding Dresses?

My SO asked me to marry him this christmas. We aren't doing anything big, mainly because I hate all the attention being on me, and I would like a dress that maybe I could use at another time. Problem is, I have no idea how/where to look. Anyone know any sites/stores that I should check out?

dustbunni

Asked by dustbunni at 7:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly? Try places like Macy's. We got all our Brides Maids dresses there, and had they been white they would have been more than fancy enough to be a casual wedding dress.

You could also try formal dress shoppes in the area. Anywhere that you could get a "prom" style dress would be enough to get you something less formal. And don't rule out bridal shoppes either, places like David's Bridal have "Brides Maid" dresses which are beautiful yet casual and at a decent price.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• David's Bridal. I actually got my first wedding dress at a wedding shop, a local place, and it was actually a prom dress. Which was what I wanted the first time around when I was in my early 20s. But the second time around I wanted the real deal. I suggest David's Bridal, they aren't over the top expensive and lots to choose from. You can even begin your search online and see before going to the store.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• jcpenney has some wonderful special ocassion stuff....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Try some of the consignment shops in your area. You should be able to find a gorgeous dress that would have multiple uses and at a good price. =)

Congrats on your up-coming wedding.

OH! When looking for a dress, consider your wedding date and what the possible weather might be like. I borrowed my future sis-in-laws and it was very lacy and satiny and HOT. We got married on Sept. 22, first day of Fall that year. Temps in the 80s. WHEW!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I'd say David's Bridal, Consignment shops and local dress shops. David's Bridal has a pretty good selection though. I ended up buying my wedding dress there just a couple months ago.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010