I'm on my fifth month and just experienced slight pain on my hips and below my tummy... is this normal?

My OB advised me to go on bed rest. Anyone here who have experienced the same thing? Can you kindly share how you handled such dilemma? Thanks

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If your OB advised bed rest then maybe what you had is different. But I had a lot of muscle pain in those areas when I would walk. I was told to try a maternity support belt and it did help. I just got it at Babies R Us.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It could be your ligament stretching, which is totally normal. I had pulling and pains all the time really low because my son liked to stretch out and take up every bit of room he could (hasn't changed in 20 months!) I would just hold up my belly or lay down for a few minutes.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If he said bedrest than its worse than what popped into my head. I was going to say "its going to get worse! lol but its normal"
    I have the WORST hip pain. My hips were already bad, they would pop out of place when i walked so being pregnant makes it worse. Your pelvis expands and widens during pregnancy to prep for when you push the chubster out :)

sucks. i know im only 26 1/2 weeks and its vicious right now im scared to think of the next 3 months! lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008