What's your favourite recipe to make with your KitchenAid Stand Mixer?

I got a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Christmas yesterday, and just don't know where to start! Well, I have a bread recipe rising, but I want to do more! I'm hoping for a simple cookie recipe, a yummy scone recipe, and maybe a cake recipe too to make today. What's your favourite recipe to make with your stand mixer?

debbymichelle

Asked by debbymichelle at 7:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• THUMB PRINT COOKIES

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1610,159169-252194,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 c. butter
    2 eggs
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/4 tsp. salt
    2 c. flour
    ground nuts (for rolling)

Mix together butter, egg yolks, and remaining ingredients. Refrigerate. Roll into 1 inch balls. Dip in egg whites and then in ground nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and press thumb in center; then bake 8 minutes longer. Fill thumb print with jelly or tinted icing.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I use it for every cookie/cake/brownie recipe. It also is EXCELLENT for mashed potatoes!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I purchased the ravioli attachment for it. But I usually use it for mixing cake batter.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• The 'wisk' looking attachment. I like to whip them up good. So nice and fluffy and smooth. I'm craving them just typing about it hahaha!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Nah, no prior mixing. I just throw the chunks in, start up the mixer than add the butter/salt/milk while it's mixing. So easy. I will never make mashed potatoes any other way =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I use it for mashed potatoes too. It's great.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 9:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Everything. I have had the Kitchen Aid stand mixer for 10 years and nothing ever goes wrong when I use it. Cookies are good even if you just dump everything in at once. Bread is fabulous. Cake mixes are so good. I love the shredder attachment, the slicer attachment, and I would love the pasta attachment. It will whip up cream into heavenly puff and makes the smoothest fluffiest mashed potatoes ever. I don't even take mine off the counter ever and if I could have one accessory for it, I would get another bowl, yep, I use it that much.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 9:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• As all the other ladies said the mixer is fantastic for everything I have mine for 10 years and use it constantly. Enjoy your Christmas gift :)
    liss05

• Scones are like biscuits, but with egg added. Don't use your mixer for that, it will overwork the dough. It's great for making cakes and meringue frostings.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We make a lot of cookies in there. My 10 year old DD can safely use it too, so I love that. We also use it to make basic bread dough for biscuits. I love the dough hook and how the mixer kneads the dough for you, and it comes out so well mixed. I've also made outstanding frosting in my mixer. I had a little trouble with my attempt at meringue, but I think I didn't have the speed up fast enough.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2010