Are there any Christian denominations who view the Bible as strictly allegory?

Also, are there any Christian denominations that are not Trinitarian?

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 7:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Rosicrucianism views the story of Christ as an allegory. They are not main stream Christians at all. Very few people openly practice the faith.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It's my understanding that most Christian denominations can be divided into conservative, mainline and liberal branches. While there's variations in what this means, many liberal Christians see the Bible is allegory. I know there are many liberal Christians in Unitarian Universalist churches (uua.org), but there are probably branches within Protestantism and Catholicism that are more liberal in their interpretations of the Bible. It probably depends on the particular church and that congregation. For example, the Presbyterian Church (USA)--I used to attend one as a child--is often more liberal than other Presbyterian churches, but what that means depends on the exact church.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I believe some of the non-trinitarian christian faiths include JW, Mormons, Christ Scientists.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Quakers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I know that Jehovahs Witnesses believe that the Bible is Gods word and should be followed. I also know that they do not believe in the trinity.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 2:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Pam19 pretty much too my answer. I attend a UU Church and we pretty much take the Bible as a book of moral stories as opposed to the unerring word of God
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2011