Any ideas for family portraits?

Last year we took one in nice sweaters (even though it was 80 degrees out). We take our DD's Santa picture in her nice christmas dress so that's out for the family portrait.

Any suggestions for some sort of theme for the picture this year?

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 8:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• There are ENDLESS possibilities and no rules! Do something fun! Maybe you can have matching Care Bear shirts made?
    badpenny74

Answer by badpenny74 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• One time we all were in white tees and jeans and the pictures came out better than I thought they would.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We did the white tees and jeans. For that I think it depends on how many people you have. We have also done pastel colors. Like purples and blues.

One year for Christmas we did red shirts and jeans for the girls and green shirts and jeans for the boys.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Well my two men were in white oxfords and my usband wore a tie that had bits of the autum color I wore. ( its like a burnt ornge color against a black backround. Lucien and I blew bubles that one tunred out really nice.....
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 9:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You could all get blue overalls and red long sleeved shirts and santa hats!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ^^ HAHA then I really would look like Santa! ha ha, cute though :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I saw a Christmas pic of a family around a fireplace sitting on the floor each one holding their groomed dogs. That was a great picture. They all had on blue shirts and jeans.
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 8:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We just got our family portrait done this past month.We went to the beach & I was wearing a white sun dress & my 2 oldest daughters were wearing white sundresses & my 4 month old was wearing a long white dress with a bonnet & my husband wore a short sleeve, button up, white shirt with khaki pants. The pictures turned out beautiful. I thought maybe it would be to casual but its better than I expected.
    MomWifeCHEF

Answer by MomWifeCHEF at 3:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• we did ours a few months ago. my DD & i wore light pink, my DH wore white, & all in jeans. this question reminds me of how my mom always wanted to do a family picture where we all had on denim shirts...luckily we never did!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008