when did u start potty training?

And how, for a boy? Standing up or sitting down?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started at 2 years and 3 months. Only took him a month to get it down. Sitting down at first so he would learn to poop too, now he stands up to just pee.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• my son turned 2 in july and he is potty trained but my nephew waiuted until he was almost 4 before he would go.. They are usually ready when they start telling you they pottied or they have to potty... when my son did i started taking him to the potty
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• o and my son started sitting down and about a week into saw his dad potty standing up and he tried it lol
    momof241988

• My son was around 20 months when he saw PaPa pee outside, he pulled his pants down and there he went, 3x in a row. So I started. Then when daddy came home (military) 2 weeks later he had peeing completely down. I always stood him up. He is 28 months and some problem with pooping still. But he pees well. He can even be in the car for an hour and be dry. I believe in a boy watching an older sibling and dad or even grandpa pee as much as possible, after all, how else will they know how to work their parts?? My husband also believed that....when he was around he would take him and sing "This is the way that big boys pee, big boys pee, big boys pee. This is the way that big boys pee, go pee pee in the potty" LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My son is turning 19 months. I bought a potty, but he hasn't been interested and I haven't pushed it. Yesterday, after we came back from visiting, I was changing him to go to bed and I realized that he was dry, even after 3.5 hours. I just put him on the potty and he actually sat. Then he actually peed!! We cheered and clapped. This morning again, after about 3 hours, I noticed he was still dry and I sat him down again and he again peed. This evening, he went to the potty by himself, sat there himself, and peed. I'm not pushing it and if he doesn't want to sit, at this age, I don't think I'll force it, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My son potty trained himself in a week at 3 years. I let him decide and it was so much easier.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My Son started potty training at about a month and half before He was 2 1/2 years old. It only took Him four days to FULLY train. He started standing to pee AND stopped wetting at night on Day 2, and He has been in underwear since the day He began training. He only wore Pull-Ups when We went out for the first few weeks after training (just in case) and only had a few accidents (none of which were at night, He has been dry every night since the night He stopped wetting) within the first week after training. It's been just over a year since He became a Potty Pro and He is still doing amazing! I am so proud of Him, He was definitely more than ready and He is sooo smart. He was potty trained before He could even SAY "Potty"..but He could say whether or not He had to go pee or poo. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I waited until they turned 3. I started my son sitting down, but when he sat, his pee sprayed every where!! He had to stand. He started standing a few days after he sat. He trained in 3 days, I just took the diapers away completely and took him every half hour.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My boys all sit down. I started them at 19 months, one year, and one year.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• my son is two as of today, and he has been for months taking his diaper off and pants off, and recently telling me when he poops and pees. he is showing all the signs, what do i need to do to make him start potty training..
    marinewife_84

Answer by marinewife_84 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2010