What do you do tp entertain yourself in the ER?

My dd smashed her finger in the car door, so here I sit playing on my I-Pad! Thankfully this is not serious!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 8:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Normally I take a book, we're there quite a lot it feels. With a large number of children and quite a few nieces and nephews, being the only one with a car means I'm there ALOT. I have books reserved for ER trips even... Obviously serious ones are dealt with straight away. But little things, which happen often, can take hours and the kids'll fall asleep when it's late etc..
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• well i only took my sons to the er 1 time each. with one he had a broken and dislocated elbow, so he was in alot of pain and just wanted to sit still. with the other, he had a abcess on his toe and they saw him right away (that by far was the most disgusting thing i have ever saw....when they popped it all the skin and toenail fell off of his toe!). so i guess for me being bored was the last thing on their mind lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think I would be more concerned about the smashed fingers than anything else and that would be foremost on my mind. That has got to hurt a whole lot.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Obviously if this was something serious I would not have the inclination to do anything but be with my dd! In and out of the ER in 30 minutes, must be a record.
    Noosa

Comment by Noosa (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Grow up for one.......your DD is hurt
    Anonymous