How Can I change my 11 month old's sleeping routine?

I have an 11 month old boy and he doesn't fall asleep til 1030 and when ever I put him in his crib anytime before that he cries and cries and cries til I go back in there and pick him up, Now my question is this how can I change his bedtime so that he goes to bed the same time his older brother goes to bed? I would like to do this with out him throwing a cry fest but if that's the process then I will still go along with it...Thank you in Advance:)

Jangel07

Asked by Jangel07 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes you have to let those cries go and ignore him. He testing you by picking up is only going to make it worse in later life. Another way is give him a feeding just prior to putting him to bed til he falls asleep. Or get up early in the AM and don't give him more than about 1 hour nap a day.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 8:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thank you I will put this to work tonight:)
    Jangel07

Comment by Jangel07 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Cut out his afternoon nap. I know it will be hard for a few days but eventually he will get used to it and he will be tired when you want him to go to bed.
    CrazyBusyX4

Answer by CrazyBusyX4 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• with my 2 1/2 he had a great break time until the time change and now he so mess up
    about 7 or 730 every night we put him in the shower for few min to play and my boy friends lets him sit for a few and watch tv and then he make it dark and he finely a sleep around 8 or so
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would try the no cry sleep solution if you don't want to have him crying a lot.
    mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I call my peditrician and she have me a great article if I find it ill send it your way but you should ask the dr.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• When my kids were that age I had this down to a science. What you have to do is make sure he does not have too many naps during the day. Also, make sure he does not eat a lot of sugar prior to him getting close to bed time. When you know it just about time for dinner. Give him his bath first. Then feed him. This gives him time to wear himself down. Once all of this is done. Give him either a warm bottle if he is still on the bottle. Or give him some warm milk in a cup. He will be gone and you can rest.
    lele10000

Answer by lele10000 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i had the same problem.....get a routine down ex. if bed time is 8 try a bath at 645 or 7 then read a book for 15 min stand above bed and rock for a few min lay em down pat the behind and hum...only for a few min then walk away for the first week he or she will still cry but repeating this will help them find comfort in consistancy if u give in it teaches them that if they cry enough ull be back....this is important for them to learn now it will help in the next couple of yrs
    iamthekey

Answer by iamthekey at 3:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2010