How long after going off Aldara is it safe to try and get pregnant?

I went into the OB back at the beginning of October to get a skin tag removed from down there, and he told me it was a form of HPV. I was discussing with him that I wanted to start trying to get pregnant, but he said it'd be a smart idea to use Aldara (prescription medication to get rid of warts) on the other 2 tiny I guess warts that I had. I was on the medication for 12 weeks and stopped taking it on the 17th. I want to know...how long do I have to wait to start trying to get pregnant now that I am off the drug??? I went back to the doc and he said I have to wait another 4 weeks. Is he serious!?!? I mean it wasn't a pill it was a cream, how can it still be in my system!? I was ready to start trying in October and now it's December!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• It isnt about the medicine Your body doesnt fully recover from having a baby until after a year.. and medicine can still be in your system in your blood cells and it may cause problems with the pregnancy or even deformaties.. think about it.. even though it was a cream and not a pill it still goes into your system through your skin cells.. you want a healthy baby lol.. so calm down mommy.. it will come sooner than you think
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Aldara is a potent medication and topic chemotherapy agent used for the treatment of skin cancer- I have had several courses of this medication. Follow your Md's orders- a developing fetus does not need the risk of this exposure-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would just wait like your OB said. Why risk it?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010