i want to know if someone can help me?

my husband is in the military and he came back from iraq. he came to see me for a week. he went acitve duty so he had to go back suposely for paper work for one week to the state he had arrived too. it has been 4 months since he has been over there i dont know if this is normal or not. he says he lost his phone 3 weeks ago but when he calls he says he will be back soon. i know for sure that he is there. i havent talk to him anymore and i dont know if i am able to go there or anything. can someone help me understand this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• That sounds really strange to me. I suppose it is possible though. The military can be really screwy and might be giving him a hard time. Or he could've gotten into trouble for something and doesn't want to tell you and they have him in the brig. I don't know. It could be any number of things.

Do you have a number to his superior? You could always call and ask.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Typically when they get back yes they have a period of time that the unit has to get stuff done before they are released. Most of the time, depending on the length of the deployment, they will have leave- block leave...with most of the longer deployments being 12-18 months, you are looking at 30 days leave. Now, him claiming he lost his phone and not calling etc. Sorry, but that sounds a little fishy to me. And yes you can go to where he is stationed, make sure you have a valid photo id such as a driver lic. and if you are driving, you will need current insurance and registration to get onto the post/base. Now if you dont know where he is, that may prove difficult. I wouldnt just show up. I would however try to contact his family and ask if they have heard from him. I find it odd that your "husband" didnt get you an id card or give you contact numbers for his unit before he left on deployment. At any case. Best of luck with your husband.
    iammoi

Answer by iammoi at 7:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I dont think you have anything to worry about my husband is military and they screw people over all the time, most the time when you need paperwork done and it sounds like hes getting his orders to come home, it can take awhile it all depends on how fast the ones above him want to work...but you can call the family support place at the base he is at and they can get in touch with him for you and tell you where he is
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 7:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2008