Divorce coming?

A month ago he told me he wasn't happy bc of my attitude. Long story short, I changed it and he doesn't seem to care. I'm a sahm but I can get a job and also have family who could help me out if i needed to move out. I asked him if he wanted a divorce but he won't answer. He is sleeping on the couch and not eating dinner. He's acting like he's single. Forget therapy he won't go. Idk what am I going to do but ny father said if he wanted a divorce he would say so. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Could he be depressed?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Talk to him. Heart-to-heart. Tell him where your head is at, and ask him where his is. Does he feel like you changing is too little too late? If so, it's never too late. After that, if you're still not getting anywhere, talk to him about a trial separation.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would go and get a job and start saving money separate from the household accounts. It sounds like he is very childish. Let him behave like a kid and move ahead as if you know he is going to leave. You need to be ready so you aren't left with nothing....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• did he recently have a big change in his life it sounds like he's unhappy but isn't ready to admit to it and say that it's enough. I know that I'm going threw the same thing but he just lost his job and I stay because I know he's just depressed.
    mamaof3parrish

Answer by mamaof3parrish at 9:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I definitely sounds like major depression and that he is trying to push you away and force you to make the decisions, such as divorce so he can someone else to blame. Just try talking to him. Something is definitely going on with him and you need to find out what.

I hate to ask this because it will probably make you worry even more, but has he ever talked about suicide? He's not eating and he's cutting himself off by sleeping on the couch.

I hope everything works out for the best. I do agree that getting a job and putting money back is a good idea, just in case.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• He's not depressed. He is just fine with everyone else but ME! Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• A marriage/relationship takes two to make it work and if you are the only one trying tomake it work then maybe it's time to tell him that your moving out or he needs to move out and see what happens. Relationship take work and two people have to work at it not just one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• sorry but I think he's cheating
    nwaskie

Answer by nwaskie at 10:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't know why sometimes people jump to conclusions! You really need to try and talk to him I know it's not easy and it's not always easy to trust. I do believe though that if two people really love eachother and they work on a marriage that they can get through it together nomatter what the circumstances are unless a woman is being beaten or controlled!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would tell him to get the hell out,. If you worked on your part of it, he can work on his. If he doesn't want to, BYE BYE! (at least if you act that way it might worry him into not taking you for granted, and men love a challenge!) Good luck girl, my heart would be broken.,
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010