One unhappy parent is better than two?

We're not getting along and I'm trying to make it work for our daughter but idk if it's going to get better. Is our daughter better off if we move out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's only something you can evaluate. Every kid deserves a chance at a happy family unit, but it's no good for a child if there's misery and strife in the home. She'll be able to feel your unhappiness eventually and it won't be good. How about counseling to see if there's a way to get over this part? Marriage is hard, I know it's been one of the hardest things for me, but we've been through bad, bad, bad and now we're enjoying some good. Much luck to you.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If the kids are exposed to a unit that is full of tension, she will pick up on that, and in the long run, it may be easier to seperate her from the situation when shes younger, instead of her being older and her having to leave the situation shes already used to! Good luck!
    tayshu4

Answer by tayshu4 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

******************

I agree.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Better alone than with unwanted company. If you really think you can't make it work and are unhappy the best thing is to get out because instead of having 2 unhappy parents she might be better off with 1 happy one. gl to you
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If there are no more tool in the box to fix the relationship between you two then yes it's time to part your ways. Staying together for your DD is gonna end up doing more damage then good so do what is best for your DD and yourselves. Two parents to a child can still be parents even if there not together. It's all about being parents and acting as adults.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I left when my dd was 2. I think it was easier on her being so young. It's never good for kids to have parents who are miserable

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2010