is it normal for a baby to spit up after every meal?

im a new mom with my first baby girl that's a week old. is it normal for her to spit up mostly after every feeding?

is not, how can i make her keep it down, any suggestions?

(idk if this helps, but just in case) i only bottle feed her formula, she use to be on similac and after every feeding she spit up mostly the whole thing. she's been on enfamil now for a couple days and things are getting better. she still spits up but not as much as with the other formula.

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could be getting too much. Try feeding her an ounce less per feeding, or half an ounce, and see if it still happens. Burp her frequently and well, and keep her propped up for a while after the bottle is gone.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster. Also you may have to switch what bottle you are using, maybe too much bubbles she's ingesting.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree whit both of the answers I used aveo brand and it help me to avoid that, there are some small ones you could get one to try it
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My son did that before we even left the hospital. He would spit up and the formula would come out his nose. They switched us to soy formula, and it was amazing! He spit up, but just like a normal baby would. good luck!
    tayshu4

Answer by tayshu4 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010