Do your kids play on youtube?Read at your own discretion

My daughter who's almost 9 typed up on youtube 'llama' and out came a cartoon looking llama called a 'bunchie'.We all thought it was harmless fun until we did some research on the cartoon animal,turns out it's a x-rated adult animal because it looks like a penis.My daughter loves the creature and even ordered a t-shirt,in a kids size?If it's a x-rated animal why do they have kids shirts,oh what a crazy world!So I want to know if your kids go on youtube and watch mario cartoons and the like ,thanks

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I was trying to find some blue's clues clips on youtube once, and I got what I thought was a cute blue's clues clip till I realized it was actually set to vulgar rap song lyrics. Even the most innocent things are all screwed up on youtube so beware!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Well my daugter is only 2 so no she doesn't go on YouTube. I would put a block on your computer. IMO kids that age don't need to be on the Internet ESP YouTube.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My son used to go on youtube to search Lego videos. We thought not a problem, they were little short Lego stop-motion films. Then we heard one of them say something about a used tampon and something else, then there was no more youtube. My bad.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My boys were not allowed on the computer unsupervised untill they were 12 or 13...and then we had a key stoke [roggie and blocked history access so they couldn't clear it. If they went to off limits sites..they lost the use for a long time. My grndkids are not allowed on alone. They are almost 7 and almost 8. The only youtube they see is music I personally pull up for them. The internet is a dangerous place for the young, the dumb, and the trusting.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My daughter used to play club penguin and other kid friendly games then she started hanging out with a older boy he's 2 yrs older and they'd play rune scape,WHERE THEY CARRY SWORDS,to KILL gobblins.I think looking at those kid characters carrying SWORDS is a BAD INFLUENCE.It's a medieval game.I'm gonna try to get my daughter into board games and now she plays with a x box 360 which is great it's keeping her off the internet for awhile.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• There are official channels set them up for shows like blues clues and yo gabba gabba if you want to look for them but it is better if you are at all times watching at what they are looking because some of the "fan" recreations are very messed up.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My kids don't play on youtube, to me it's not a kid friendly site. They do love to play online games, right now they are loving http://www.pandanda.com/

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I preview anything before I show my son, as there is a lot of good stuff on there. You just have to be sure what you're pulling up before you have the kid in the area ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No. Just a couple of days ago I got upset with my dad for letting my son watch youtube clips. They start out harmless enough, but you never know what's going to pop up next!
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 10:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• me and my son watch funny animals on youtube. but he is only 5 and has no idea how to do anything with the computer. same thing with video games. i won't buy him anything like an xbox or anything like that. theyre stupid and mind numbing! we did however buy him a spiderman plug and play for the tv for christmas, but that is only to help with his hand eye coordination. but that is the only thing like that he will be getting.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010