should i be worried still?

my baby's a week old and she wasnt pooping for 3 days. she was originally on similac and i changed her formula the day before yesterday to enfamil and she pooped last nite. however, that was the only dirty diaper that she's had so far. i have no idea what the average poopy diapers baby have per week or per day, but im a 1st time mom and i guess i was expecting a lot more dirty diapers than just 1 every 3-4 days. is that normal? should i still be worried?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told as long as they are having at least one bowel movement a week its normal.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I wouls contact the doctor about that. 3-4days apart is quite awhile.
    Jilli83

Answer by Jilli83 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i took to the doctor and she said it was normal and to give it time. im just happy she went last nite. im just wondering what to expect. like if this is normal or should there be a change soon...or what.
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No that is not normal usually a baby will poop every day or at least every other day, you should call the doctor.
    jen.kess

Answer by jen.kess at 9:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• thats what i thought until the doctor told me on thursday it was normal. i ignored her and i changed her formula and than lastnite she finally gave me a dirty diaper. however that was the only one she had. she has wet ones but not poopy ones.
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010