what do i need on my gift registry?

my partner and i are doing our gift registry online and we are wondering what things would be best to put on there. We have like the crib, changing table things like that. any other ideas would be great. thank you

jjswife

Asked by jjswife at 9:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Things like bedding, sleepers, bibs, bottles, swings, strollers, baby monitors. Choose a wide price range of things. Put one or two fantasy items...things you'd really like but just know you can't afford and neither can anyone else. Lots of times groups go together on big items. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Don't be afraid to register from some of the not so cute stuff. Your baby can survive on so little for a long time. What you really need are onesies, and more onesies, all different sizes. Hangers. A stroller and carseat are a must. A portable sleeping thing such as a moses basket (I used this for one of my kids all the time), there are others, but I can't think of the names off the top of my head, also a pack-n-play with a bassinet insert. Babies are unpredictable with where they'll sleep comfortably, it's nice to have an option with something you can move into your room, out of your room, into the family room, et cetera. ALSO, one of the most invaluable things is a little sitting chair. These are great for putting your baby down when you need to do the dishes, go on Cafemom :), or just sit for a minute. They have them that play music or vibrate or do nothing, they range from $25 all the way up to over a hundred.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I was very thankful for my swing when my son was an infant, he was colic and the only thing that helped to calm him was being in motion, so the swing pretty much saved my life.

beyond that would depend on your lifestyle.. do you think you will need bottles?, maybe a bottle sanitizer, or a breast pump. A baby sling is a must in my opinion as well. and a good stroller/car seat if you plan on doing alot of walking. I also loved the playpen/bassinet combo, my son slept in it for weeks because it was higher up than my craddle, and I had a C-section so higher was better.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• clothes diapers wipes socks blankets crib sheets bottles extra nipples gas medicine teething toys butt cream.. you name it lol..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• o and dont forget the bumbo
    momof241988

• I say lots of diapers, wipes, and clothes.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You can put things for when they are older too. Sippy cups, child size utensils, bigger clothes. Also books are nice and fit any size baby! You can put a rocker or pictures you might like to decorate baby's room too. You can never have too many diapers but ask for bigger sizes as they grow out of the little ones fast! Wipes are nice and again can't have too many. Cd's with soothing music for mom and/or baby. Food grinder if you want to make your own baby food or just to feed baby what you are having. Dreft or another baby laundry detergent and Totally Toddler stain remover are must have items! A convertible high chair too...they don't need this right away but you will most likely need one...a booster seat for the dining table. A shopping cart cover for those trips when all baby wants to do is gnaw on the cart handle. A bug net for the stroller. Have fun choosing!
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• A playstation is a good idea too for when they get older, you can put them in it when you have cleaning to do and move it from room to room if you have too. I had one for both of my kids and it was a lifesaver.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010