Any recommendations for a good vacuum between $75 &$150?

Dont have deep carpeting so looking for one that works best on thin carpets & floors. Have a dog, she doesnt shed alot, but some. Need 1 either canister or lightweight, go upstairs & need to get under beds & such.

Any good after Xmas sales?

Thanks!

Lynne

tialynne1965

Asked by tialynne1965 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• We love our Dyson. They have several different models in a range of prices. Got ours at Kohls.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I have a Bissel Helix System. I got it at Target.com for $75 with free shipping. It's been great.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I'm sold on Oreck - costs more but lightweight and very efficient for both floors and carpets.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have a Dyson but that is only for deep cleaning. For around the house and quick cleanups I use Electrolux ErgoRapido Cordless/Handheld Stick Vacuum. I got mine at Target on sale for around $100. It has a charging station that it sits on and you just pull it out when you need it. A handheld vacuum pops out of the bottom for small messes. I love the fact that it is lightweight and works great on tile, laminate and also thin carpets and rugs. It is a canister so you don't have to worry about bags and it is very easy to empty.
    amazey

Answer by amazey at 5:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thx!
    tialynne1965

Comment by tialynne1965 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Thank you all so much, bought an ORECK canister on sale, its small but so far seems perfect for our needs - on sale for $149 - & store is nearby so can bring in anytime for repairs FOC.
    tialynne1965

Comment by tialynne1965 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2011