Credit cards that help build credit?

I need to try and build my credit but don't know of any credit cards that are specific for helping those with no or bad credit build their credit.

Thank you!

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 9:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Orchid, worked for me! But only expect to get a line of credit for about $200 for a while. But it will go up and you will get other offers after you spend and pay it off a few times.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am working with Citibank, and first i loaded 200 on a card that i used for gas, but when i paid the monthly payments it added onto my credit report, then after 4 months they sent me a card with 500 on it (giving me my 200 back basically) I didnt have any credit and things that were on my credit report were medical bills. I now went from a 230 score to almost 500. It doesnt happen over night... but its a good place to start
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Just about any card with a low limit is a good idea, but you have to pay it off every month or at least pay off half of it and you have to do it on time. Every payment gets reported to the credit bureaus. It will take a while to do it, but it will build your credit back up.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 12:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Check with Capital One. I got my first credit card through them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010