Military - Verizon phone contract

if my husband gets orders to overseas, I know Verizon has to let him out of his contract..but what about me? were both on the same account but im the secondary line (they also said the military discount doesnt apply to my line because im not military and im only the secondary line) So this worries me that they wont let me out of my contract

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I worked for them so I may be able to help. Are you guys on a family plan? If so who is the primary account holder?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• ya were on a family plan and hes the primary holder
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think that if he is the primary holder and its a family plan they have to let both lines out. As long as your name isn't on the contract they have to release the second line as well.

If your name is on the contract, is there a way to get it taken off before he is sent overseas?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am not sure about Verizon, but we have AT&T. When my husband was deployed, they suspended his phone number for the duration of his deployment. It only saved about $10 a month since we were on the family plan but hey, that's $120 a year.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Then you can get out of the contract if he's the primary line and its under his name but he has to make the calls and set it up and fax over his orders to prove he's being deployed
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If you name is any where on the contract you cant cancel you line and there is no way to take her name off the contract
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• they usually try to just suspend th eline while he is away but if he says he wants contract broke , they have to let him break it since he is military.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If the contract is in his name only he can cancel the contract until he returns. As long as your name isn't on the contract you shouldn't have a problem.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010