Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have to get the police to pick up their kids after visitaion with their father??

My ex refused to bring my son back until tomorrow, then he said 10:30 tonite, when visitation was supposed to end at 5. The thing is I don't know where they are and not sure what to do. Do I call the police in my city or his? Any ideas??

Answer Question

Asked by skittles1108 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 26 (26,421 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • The police most likely won't do anything unless you can provide evidence that they are in danger. Visitation is a civil matter and one that the police do not have any control over, especially since he is the legal father and shares custody.

    You can attempt to call the police in his city and ask for a Wellness check, but unless they find something that is unsafe, they won't take them out of his custody. But they will check on them if they have time and resources to do so.

    Just tell them you are requesting a Wellness check on him and your children.

    Good luck, and call your lawyer if he doesn't bring them back tomarrow.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • Urs, I'd be tracking him down.

    Answer by lstrickland at 10:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • Both. If he is in volation of the custody order call any and all that you have to in order to make sure your kids are safely returned to you.

    Answer by scout_mom at 10:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • I know how hard this is, I've been through it myself. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with it. Here in California I was told that they could "escort me" to my ex's home to try to get my son, if he was there, however they wouldn't intervene if he didn't give him up, that I would have to go to court.

    I agree that you should call your lawyer, I know it's expensive, but it seems that the police don't actually enforce the visitation orders... although you can try. I'd call the police in his city if you do call, and at least then you can have a police report on file.

    Good Luck, and if you'd like to pm me please do.

    Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • ih ave no idea, but i would call at least one, prolly the one closest to home, and file a report. at least then you have the proof to take to the family court to show violations.

    Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • I'd call and also tell them if he has ever threatened to keep or take out of state or just not let you have back,...... and/or if he has addictions,...whatever I could to get them to go with to p/u kids or at least get tehm to check on them.

    Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • im curious as to why he has YOUR children and YOU don't know where they are? not being as asshole, just wondering.

    Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.