Am I over my ex?

So I jus gave birth to my son. 2nd kid from the same guy. They guy is pretty much an asshole and we haven't Been together since may 2010. He's and I both have done things that wasn't good for our relationship. Wee been together since 15yrs old and I'm 21 now. Anyways I found my self thinking about him and a family we could be but in my heart I know it's not what is best for us. When I was pregnant he would take my daughter and bring her around his gf. Not even a month after we were broken up. He was bringing new girlfriends around her and indont know them or want to get tonknkw her. I get mad and sad as a
Whole when i see them together. And even though i know for sure that we won't ever be together again for some reason I get mad and sad at him. I think what does she have that I don't? Or I think because it seems he's tryn to play house withhis gf and our daughter. Does me feeling this way mean I'm
Not over him or that I secretly still in love with him? Please help or is it my pregnancy hormones post partum?

rachael_rae77

Asked by rachael_rae77 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Only you know the final answer. But wanted to say that I had the same feelings after leaving my ex, but it wasn't really him that I missed or was upset about losing, it was the thought/dream of having a family and future. In reality he and I would never have been anything near my "dream".

Give it more time and let your hormones calm down lol. The fact that you just gave birth to your second child with him will cause a lot of feelings/thoughts, just give yourself time to process it all before making any decisions.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with tntmom, it's the fantasy of what could be that you're sad and mad about. The problem is, life is not perfect and even if you got back together, you probably wouldn't have that wonderful family unit that you want so much.

Until you move on and create a life for yourself and your child will you be able to see that your own happiness can come from other sources, not just having him in your life.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Your still in love with him and that is jealousy that is coming out. You two both have a lot of growing up to do. More him then you. Your DD is very confused when she sees daddy with this girl and that girl. You need to have a adult talk and figure out if you two are gonna focus on trying to get your relationship to work for good or if you two are gonna part in your own ways and set-up visitation for the children and leave your issue out of there ears. You all can parent these children together not being together you need to be adults about it and don't bring the children in the middle of it. These children didn't ask for you all bull shit nor do they need to hear it or be around it. So leave it out of there lives. Good luck to you and your children sounds to me daddy just wants to see what else is out there to see for sure that you are the one for him or not. He just may not be the one for you.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• He honestly isn't worth your thoughts. I'd work on you and your family of three (you, your daughter, and new baby).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• no it dont mean that at all , it didnt work out and its hard with kids involved and usually the female sees it totally different than the male , let it go and focus on your kid , go for full custody if you know its not good for your kid ,
    and remember he aint hurtin like you are , hes not feeling like you are , dont give all this the satisfaction of you are the only one hurting with all this , easy for me to say i know , but trust this--- hes moved on -- why let all this get you so bad when only you are suffering -- he sure the hell aint suffering is he .
    be strong and dont let this run your young life , yes i speak from expierence, im twice your age.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• There's always reason, why he's your EX. I too, miss *our* family (I'm divorced) but think of why you became apart in the first place, if it helps write down all his negatives vs. the postives he would bring out of the relationship (should you want to work it out).

((hugs))
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010