OK so have you ever felt so bad?

Have you ever felt so sad and bad that you start having panic attacks and can not breathe right?

mollgirl

Asked by mollgirl at 10:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes, in the past thankfully. I went through a intense therapy program(Dilectical behavioral therapy) where I learned lots of techniques and skills for dealing with anxiety and all feelings.

I now attempt to live in the present as much as I can and plan for the future to lessen my anxiety about it.

Try to breath deep and do something either relaxing or distracting. Put on happy music/movie, and get moving to lessen the tension in your body.

Good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes I have. I will give you a few things that have helped me breathe into a paper bag,journal,yoga,(look up tree pose for some reason it helps) go outside and get some fresh air.Sorry you are feeling crummy. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yeah!! driving and hitting a bump would make me freak out. i had somehow convinced myself i had ran someone over. (and no, i never had/have!) took a bit, some daily meds and some for just the bad moments. lasted several months, but now i take no meds and am ok!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• "I now attempt to live in the present as much as I can and plan for the future to lessen my anxiety about it.

Try to breath deep and do something either relaxing or distracting. Put on happy music/movie, and get moving to lessen the tension in your body"

THAT IS EXCELLENT ADVICE :)
    zeppelynn

Answer by zeppelynn at 10:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yes but i had to calm down an relax.
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• no
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010