Strech Marks and Scars

What do you recommend using on stretch marks and scars?

Any one try Bio Oil or Mederma? Results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Bio oil worked well for my stretch marks :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Honeslty, they are all gimmic. What they do is require you to rub the area which will cause more blood to flow to that area and stimulate healing. Any lotion will do the same thing.

I have a friend that scars really badly from any cuts (can't remember what it's called). This is what she told me and it works. I took Merderma and put on one hip (that's where my stretch marks are) and Aveno on the other. They both turned out the same.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yeah, unfortunately there's no miracle goo that's going to prevent them or remove them. It's all in your genetics. If someone invented something that actually did work, that inventor would be RICH!!!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i used palmers coco butter when i was preggo with all 4 of my boys. VERY minimal stretch marks! not sure if i was lucky, if it was the lotion, or maybe i have not lost the preggo weight! LOL!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I tried the coco butter when I was pg, and it didn't work. I have an unreal amount of stretch marks. I'm just resigned to them. I earned them. I'm keeping them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010