Was I out of Line? (My dd says I was)

Okay, here's what happened. I was at my oldest daughter's home on Christmas Eve, there were 3 women, 1 fifteen year old girl, my dd's husband, a 40 year old male friend of the family, a 24 year old male, fof, and my 35 year old son. The 15 year old comes out of a bedroom, wearing an extremely low-cut tank top, with a hoodie over it that was unzipped. She looked like she was wearing a push up bra, and was looking for a pony to ride. My dd, who is her stepmother, told her to pull up her zipper or go change her shirt. Her daddy, my sil, agreed with my dd, and told her that she would get herself in all kinds of trouble dressed like that. She argued with them both, said she liked to show her self off, and it was her body. she did pull up her zipper, which stayed that way for about 3 minutes, and then when asked about it she said, oh it won't stay zipped. Well, I kept my mouth shut then. So after we ate, my youngest dd got there, (17 yo), with her boyfriend. We were all playing xbox, and I saw her standing across the room directly in front of my daughter's boyfriend, with her whole chest exposed, right down to the nipples! I said very loudly, :"Look Earl, Destiny has titties and she wants you to notice them!" Okay, I know , I should have said breasts instead of titties, but he looked. She turned beet red, and turned into the other room, and zipped up her sweatshirt. And you know what? That damn zipper didn't come down the rest of the night! My dd says I was out of line, she said I should have told her to zip up. I said, You and her Father both told her, the zipper wouldn't stay up, remember? My granddaughter when told of this episode said, Grandma you should treat all of the kids the same, not just pick on her because she's not your blood. I told her that if I had felt I had the privileges of a grandmother I would have done the same to her that I would do to any young ladies in MY family, I would put her on the floor, sit on her and pull that zipper up so far that she would STILL be looking for the tab to pull it back down. So was I out of line? PS On the way home that night my son asked how old she was, I told him 15, and he said-Oh God, I feel so dirty for thinking the thoughts I was thinking while she was prancing around there!

MamaAlice54

Asked by MamaAlice54 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Puh-leeze! She had already been told once. i would have done the same thing since that was exactly what she was after in the first place!

Maybe now she will realize that if she wants to been seen as slutty(sorry if I offend) then she will be talked to like one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• thats a toughie! i have boys, my oldest is 10. they play football with cheerleaders up to 15 yo. i cannot believe how they dress these days! personally, you got the hoodie zipped up and kudos to you!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. She was told many time to keep in zipped but she wouldn't listen. A good embarrassment made her listen and hopefully taught her a lesson
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• In my opinion yes you were out of line, it did make her zip her hoodie but at the same time it was a bit immiture of you.
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 10:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• well it WAS crude... but it did the trick. Im going to guess you are not a shy woman and this isnt the first time you have been a bit outspoken. Hey... if they arent going to reign in their own kid then they really cant get too up set when someone matches their words to the crudeness SHE is displaying.  I can only imagine what a teen age boy would have said to her.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I probably wouldn't have done quite what you did, but I have to say that I admire you for doing it!!! I have 3 sons, no daughters, and sometimes I am absolutely shocked by the lack of modesty that some young ladies show!

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• the titties comment was a little out there,,but it made me lol. This was a family gathering for Christmas for heavens sake, not a pool hall,,good for you. I know I would have cracked up if I heard you say that word though.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• ROFLMAO!

I think it is was funny and surely she learned the lesson. My guess is that she will be more modest in the future... around you at least :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• clappingGood for you. I think that was brilliant!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• BAWAH-HAHAHAHA! You'd fit in just right with my family! I'll be laughin about this for a while! Thanks!
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010