My daughter has a rash on her face that is spreading out of control- HELP identify

It went from one tiny pimple, to several. A week later it spread over to the other nostril. No its all around her mouth, up her cheeks. Her doctor said it looked like a nose infection, so we used a 10 day course of antibiotic cream.. I really believe thats what made it worse, the stuff was like vasaline. Shes had this for over three months, we still have no idea what it is, or what its caused by. And no idea how to get rid of it. We had her tested for impentago or infantago whatever its called and the test came back negative.

(a week after it began)

(A month ago, our most recent photo- but it has gotton much worse since)

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 10:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• If it is eczema, as some are suggesting (I personally don't know), I suggest Aveno baby lotion for eczema. They have a formula specifically for eczema, and it worked wonders on my baby's skin. It's a smaller container than the regular baby lotion, and it has a dark blue cap instead of light blue.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 11:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• idk.. looks like when my DS had scarlet fever... has she been to the dr recently?
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• have you tried changing things like her soap or laundry detergent? hope you find out what it is! does it itch or seem to bother her?
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It could be eczema?
    Here is an article on it.
    http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/eczema
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My daughter has eczema, and simple baby lotion twice a day on the affected area made a huge difference. However, we also had to change her soap. She had started using older girl soap and bubble bath, but turns out her skin is too sensitive for it, so she's back to the baby wash exclusively. Also, we have to use laundry soap for sensitive skin if it starts to flare, but the lotion has made such a difference it hardly ever does.

I'd take her to another doctor and have it checked again. How old is she?
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• my daughter has the same thing.. Its exzema..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• The last person I think is right. It looks like Scarlet Fever which really is not a big deal except for it is usually a sign of strep throat. I would take her in. It is not really a big deal, people hear it and think really bad things. My kids were feeling better within a day of antibiotics. It usually starts around the mouth. It can actually manifest itself before the little one gets a soar throat.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If your doc can't help you need to see a different doc! How about taking her to a dermatologist???

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• * The soonest dermatologist appointment is in 3 weeks, which I am scheduling for.

* I have recently switched to johnson & johnson original soap (no dye/perfume)

* I have always washed her clothes with hypo-allergenic laundry detergent

* How can I daignose scarlet fever? How can I fix scarlet fever? does it last three months??

* If its eczema how do I fix it? (her face rash is everything from small red bumps, to white head pimples, and flakey dry skin)
    stenhouse_baby

Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• ITS ECZEMA. my daughter had that and still does the only thing that works for her is AVENO cream washa nd lotion. andy fragrance will make it worse and it needs to be dry.
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 2:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2010