Do you feel like screaming at your kids somtimes??

I'm a single mom and divorced.I raise my 2 children ages 10 and 7 by myself.So doing it alone can be so darn frustrating.Most of the times they don't mind or behave.I discipline them.But at times I feel like screaming my a** off!Do you ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. And about 1/2 the time I do. And I'm not a single mother, but I have been & I know how much stress it causes. So if you're not acting on your impulses to scream & holler, then you'd better PM me with some advise! Hahaha! We all backslide sometimes. I just never hold myself above apologizing to my children, who are btw, 10, 7 & 2.
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• of course , some times its the only way to get their attention , mine are 10 and 4
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i have a 5 yr old boy. so yes. yes i do!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Never.
    I'm the perfect Mom.
    And a compulsive liar.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think every parent gets frustrated and raises their voices. Sometimes it's the only outlet we have. You keep that frustration bottled up you are bound to go nuts, not to mention the physiological effects!

My father switched to whispers. When he felt like yelling, he'd take hold of our arm and lean in really close and whisper in our ears. IT would be as simple as "You need to knock... it... off..." No matter what, we'd stop what we were doing. Then again, my dad had big hands!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with Jambo lol.. Everyone does at some point in time.. your not a bad mom if you feel like you just want to hang them by their toes lol.. your human..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yes but usually i can keep my cool.. today sadle i yelled at my 2.5 year old.. all i wanted to do was get the laundry folded, i hadnt been able to do it for over a week. and i just snapped and yelled at him to stop it and leave me alone... of course i scred the crap outta him and felt bad... its ok.. to feel that way.. every person ahs a breaking point
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Haha, what parent hasn't felt that way. Maybe not screaming directly at our children, but screaming in frustration.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2010