How many of you did stuff your parents dont know??

It seems like, when it comes to teens, we are all trying to stop things that we did ourselves.
I went to high school parties and drank and smoked.
I sex chatted online when I was 14-18.
I smoked pot.
I wore skanky clothes once in a while
I died my hair weird colors
I was promiscuous with guys
Lost my virginity at 17
Ditched school
Snuck out at night and took my moms car and drove without a license
Shoplifted

The difference with me is that I never got caught by my parents doing any of it (i told my mom I had sex tho) and my parents still dont know half of it

and

I turned out just fine

I am 22, married, have one DD, and one more on the way, I own a home with my DH, we have two cars, and are doing just fine!!!!!!!

All Im saying is all the stuff that I did that almost all teens do/did gets really blown out of proportion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I love and agree with all you said. Thank you. I needed to be reminded just how hard it musta been for my parents. The reward for them was to watch me grow up and have my own teens. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I'm sure I did. I've just gotten so old I've forgotten what it was!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No.... I had a good open relationship with my parents.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• ALL the time! Not quite as bad as you, lol, but definetly things I wouldn't want my kids to do :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I did. I used to steal stuff because my mom was a useless drunk who cared more about her material possessions than her children's wants and needs.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes I did. My mom was completely clueless. Still is for the most part. My grandma, on the other hand, knew a lot of what I was doing. She kept my secrets though.

i hope to have a more open and honest relationship with my kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yup I did all of the above and more, never got caught. I even took the car once. OMG we were so stupid. I am doing just fine now have a beautiful home and wonderful life.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No, I never did any of that....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes, I did stuff. Some of which they know. Lots they don't. I also know what could have happened to me, I was lucky.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I did not. My dad was VERY strict & abusive and I knew the consequences for not following the rules. I graduated in '85 and I did not sneak around. My dad knew the exact minute I should walk in the door and I had to call him at work the minute I got home, God help me if I was late. He called often before he got home & if I didn't answer the phone in 3 rings there were consequences (I was afraid to take a bathroom break), I did NOT get grades below B's, I did not change my clothes at school (my dad and step mom picked them out and even though they weren't in style I wore them). I did not drink, smoke or do drugs as my dad would have LITERALLY killed me if I had. I did not date until I was 18 & was a virgin until I got married. I did not talk on the phone, watch TV or have friends over when no one else was home (the phone couldn't be busy, my dad would check the back of the TV when he got home & neighbors watched the house).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2010