did your mom know you were abused as a child ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• No. Just recently I opened up to her, because she told me what happened to her. I burst into tears when she told me, she asked me why I cried and I told her everything
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No. I was molested by a neighbor boy. I had gone over to the house to see if my friend was home. The brother answered the door and told me she was coming home and I could wait inside for her. We sat down on the couch and he made some moves on me. I was 11 yrs old and I ran out and never went back to that house and never told my mother, to this day,,,and Im almost 50
    Anonymous

• Yes, but she wanted security for herself.  She couldn't live without a man in her life.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No she didn't know. I finally told her years later, after my grandfather died and she wanted me to call the guy who molested me to tell him. I panicked and told her why.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yes. She was the abuser. I know you probably mean sexually, but she beat the shit out of me, humiliated me, called me fat, lazy, stupid, slow, and other things.

I got locked in the basement quite often. Sometimes for disobeying parts of the Bible that really aren't there.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Wow my sis was put in our basement and I'd look down the heat grate to hear her and talk, and she'd be like, ..'' oh, I'm doing good, it's just dirty down here, but dad can't keep me down here all day, and I'd hear our dad saying the more you are talking about his the longer I'll keep you down there. I was really little and didn't know it was punishment to my sis, it seemed that she was just taking it all with a grain of salt. It never happened to me, and this (you) could be her, for all I know. We'll have to leave this alone though won't we. too old to worry about now huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• they all seemed to like the band ''abba'' quite a lot (hint)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No, she still does not know. I will never tell her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes. And she chose to ignore it and make me feel responsible for it. I was "asking for it."
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 10:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010