ok, i know im crazy, so you don't have to tell me......

is it normal, or does anyone else, ever lose sleep over fear of dying, or what happens when you die? or just freak yourself out over stuff like the whole 2012 stuff, or a comet or astroid kitting the earth and we all exploding?
im not trying to be weird, but i think sometimes i might be going crazy. i've had this problem since i was younger, and a few times recently. i just over think and can't stop. i don't know. am i alone?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Awww. No, you certainly are not the only one. Hugs*
    Anonymous

• I haven't done it in a while but I don't anymore
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• im a stay at home mom of 2, a 5 yr old and newborn. is it b/c i stay home and don't really do anything? i don't know.....
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Not alone. I am soo afraid of death. Ever since I had a dream about my mom dying when I was 6. When she died when I was 14 it got worse. I can't even sleep without a night light.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I just hope if there is a catastrophic event that my family is together and we go fast. I don't want to end up like the book “The Road" Freaky!! I don't think your alone.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• so sorry amber! its weird, and i don't know why i do it. i had to get on medz last summer b/c of it...i want to get on them again. im not as bad as i was then, my hubby stayed up till 3am with me b/c i couldn't stop thinking about stuff.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• lol. kathy- i wouldn't use my cell phone for like a month after i read the book "the cell" by steven king!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yes i kniow what you mean...in the past ive got like that but it never lasted more then a night here and there.
    now there really is something wrong with me health wise but instead of freaking out about I try to just think whatever happens , happens
    theres only so much you can do... anyways try to think of someething else or watch a comedy
    Alexis82

Answer by Alexis82 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i really do feel crazy, like life isn't really real, or something. wow, do i sound like nutjob or what? lol. thanks for making me FEEL like im not alone!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You aren't alone, I know about that fear and I think it's because my Grandfather died when I was 7 years old and I didn't fully understand it then. I don't really recall a lot about it either. I'm afraid of death too, and this is the first time I have really admitted it. How do you really get over this?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2010