AGH!!!! The little boy I babysit...

The little boy I babysit has became a monster. He is a brat. If you even look at him, he says got a staring problem and is so mouthy. I picked him up from school on Friday and his teacher told me I needed to have his mom call there because something has to be done with him. She said he punched two little boys in the privates on that day. He was playing with my son and got scratched ( early morning) as soon as his mom walks in at 5pm he cries that my son hit him. Nope didnt happen. He spends half his time here on time out. But the mom does nothing and he isnt acting like that when he is here. Then today he comes and talks about all the new toys he got over the weekend. OK he just got in trouble at the sitters and at school so lets not punish him and take him out and buy him more toys???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dont think the parents will do anything because odds are they taught him to act that way and they think hes perfect
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Is he a danger to your son? if so, I'd tell his mom and dad that they need to find someone else to watch him.
    ladyluke2007

Answer by ladyluke2007 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No not a danger he is just mouthy and I get tired of putting him on time out. I have said stuff to the mom before and she laughs, I thought when the teacher said something they would get the point but nope instead they take him places and buy him stuff. I guess it just my nerves and how I should handle him when he is here. The poor kid is on time out more than he is off. But when he tells me to shut up he doesnt feel like listening to me I will sit him down. I get to where i fell bad because he is on time out so much. But what do you do? I thought he would learn soon enough that he doesnt talk like that here. It has only been like this for a few months. I have babysat him fro almost 3 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would quit watching him. You can only do so much when the parents aren't willing to discipline their children, and I wouldn't want my own children exposed to that kind of behavior.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with the other answers, you should stop taking care of him. When you are trying to guide him but yet his mom comes and lets him wonder around, he is NEVER going to listen to you. I would not be taking care of him anymore.
    GOOD LUCK!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 9:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I wouldn't dare put up with that for any amt of money. Not worth my time. Let his mother deal with him. Its not your problem.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• That child must have some serious psychological issues. I would suspect abuse or neglect. His behavior seems to be a cry for help. It sure sounds like his mom is disinterested in him, for the most part, also. How old is he? I would suggest counseling to the mother and if she still laughs or shrugs it off, I would really think about contacting CPS.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I dont think it an abuse case. I think it is more of a he is so spoiled and never punished kinda case. He is an only child. Both sets of grandparents are divorced and remarried so he has 4 sets there and then his real dad died when he was a baby so he those grandparents too. He is only dressed in name brand clothes all the time and brings new toys over every Monday. Like the above poster said he is a child who his parents think his perfect and does no wrong!
    Anonymous