Is this normal for an 18 month old?

Hi. I need to know is it normal for an 18 month old to be able to point to my chest and say boobie and then a couple days later she points to her chest and says boobies? Her father and I split up we were not married, but I left because there were things not right with him and I believe that she was taught that up at her fathers because I nor anyone else around me would ever teach a child at this age something like that and I can definately expect that from her father or his stepdaughter who is 21 and his son 14.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say she was taught that. Some idiots think that's funny

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It's normal for an 18 month old to copy things they've been exposed to, sure. Is this good for them to be around things like that? No. Is there a court order saying your child needs to see dad? If not, I would limit time with dad to a public place like McDonald's playland or a children's museum. If there IS a court order, I would file a motion to get supervised visits. This is highly inappropriate to teach ANY child - especially one so young....good luck!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I also think she was taught that by someone. A child listens to everything and repeats just about everything which is exactly why people tell you to be careful of what you say around kids. You should talk to him about it because teaching her things like that is not acceptable.
    Cherish809

Answer by Cherish809 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• my daughter says boobie and acts like shes nursing her baby dolls knowing i nursed her. She only knew it was boobie bc it was told to her when i nursed her... So she only said it because she heard it....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I don't think thier is anything wrong with young kids or toddlers knowing thier body parts, even private ones. As long as it's taught in appropiate way.
    ChildGoddess

Answer by ChildGoddess at 7:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and she asked the question about what that body part was when I was getting dressed. I told her what it was and explained that she has them as well. It is always best to be honest with your little ones. If you teach them the appropriate names for their body parts there shouldn't be a problem. If they start using vulgar words for their body parts then it is time to worry.
    DebHart71

Answer by DebHart71 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010