problems with my iud....idk if its normal or not and need input before going to see my obgyn... adult content

ive had my iud for almost two years now. And just for the past month or two ive noticed a change. During sex my so can sometimes eel it poking him. One time after sex we could see little stab pin marks on the tip of his penis and it drew blood just a tiny bit. Sometimes i can feel a stabbing sensation on my lower abdomen at random times during the day. And all dyy today ive been cramping a bit. I want to get input first because im having problems w/my insurance and waiting for it to get reinstated. Any input if this has happened to u, or have knowledge please let me know what you know. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Health

• My sis had that problem and her Dr. Told her it was normal, the strings just need to be trimmed. Get it checked, though because it might have moved.
    manifer_momma

Answer by manifer_momma at 12:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• ive gotten them trimmed already.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• They may be able to cut them shorter. Otherwise, you'll need to have it removed if this is an issue. You may try having another put in. It could be that it has shifted some, so the angle of it has changed, so the strings aim differently coming through your cervix, in a way that pokes your fella.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• you really need to go to the doctor it could be comming out or worst case scenario have perferated the crevix and that my girl really sucks (you'd be in so much pain.) tell your doc its kinda an emergency and you think that your iud is slipping out. he or she can tell you and fix it. lots of luck
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Go see your doctor.
    NatiesMommy

Answer by NatiesMommy at 1:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010