ughhh!!!

so ate some yucky fast food today , cos a friend went through the drive thrru and i was starving, well needless to say, that was a big mistake, cos for the last two hours i've been puking....[tmi i know!] anyways, my question is, is it possible to miscarriage a early preg from food poisoning or puking??? i feel like absolute garbage and my boyfriend ios out of state, so im alone. :/

[have been drinking water after throwing up, to stay hydrated].

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They say no, that it's not possible. I got food poisoning when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. It's was REALLY bad, and was coming out both ends. I know, TMI. I should have gone in for an IV because I passed out from dehydration. But the baby was fine. At 10 weeks my morning sickness set in, and it was BAD. I couldn't go 15 minutes without throwing up. I needed an IV a few times throughout my pregnancy because of it. It was actually called hyperemesis. Anyway, the baby was fine, but I got a hematoma on the placenta. The doc said that it could have been caused by dehydration, or by the force of throwing up. Or it could have just appeared. There was really no way to know.

I think the most dangerous thing when it comes to morning sickness is dehydration. As long as you can keep water or something like Gatorade down, you should be okay. If you get dizzy or can't see straight, it's time for an IV.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• How far along are you? We go through morning sickness... so unless your throwing up your stomach lining (It would be bloody and black) then you should be ok. Just try drink sprite and eating a couple of crackers.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• thanks girls! i am really nervous, cos all i did from 10 to 6:30 this morning was throw up and it was every 15 mins or so. NO FUN!!!! i have to get an ultrasound today anyway, and now im even more nervous!!!!
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• btw corby's mom, i had a giggle at your name, my ex husband [my daughter's father]'s name is corby. :] it made me smile to myself haha.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2010