yea.. thanks!

i am not one to care if my husband says another woman is pretty or what not.. but it has been such a long time since he has even made an attempt to tell me i am pretty, beautiful, sexy, whatever which he used to do so often. and he we havent had sex since June... (orders from the OB) so when i still constantly hear things like shes hot... etc and the excitement in his voice when he sees another woman (on tv or in every day life) and says damnn who is she.. i just want to say yea thanks F YOU TOO!! i mean i let him know i am still attracted to him.. and all he does is let me know he still looks HARD at other women.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• And you put up with this because?....how can you allow him to treat you this way? Receiving love from a man does not hurt...a man that truely loves his wife/ SO would think she's the prettiest woman on this earth, regardless as to how long its been since sex...a man that truely loves his wife/ SO would not make such hurtful statements in his wife's / SO face....believe it or not, a real man that loves his wife/ SO would be careful and cautious not to hurt her.
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 4:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You ladies deserve much better. I'd cyber kick them in the balls, but it wouldn't hurt them any. My hubby does compliment me. All the time. Though he does comment on other women. One night he was watching Dancing with the Stars, and really liked one of the women. He didn't realize how much he said so. It didn't bother me he thought she was pretty. But it got on my nerves that he wouldn't shut up.
    On Thanksgiving we had football on. I said 'oh, that guy's hot!'. He got pissed. Actually, I said that tonight, too. He got mad again. I think it's funny. But I'm betting he's gonna watch how much he says someone else is pretty from now on. Though, he wouldn't say he'd bang the neighbor. He values his testicles.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'd tell him to shut the eff up.

Honestly, the things people put up with. Tell him it sucks, it hurts your feelings, and to keep that shit to himself. They don't "HAVE" to be assholes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i agree, im going through something similar right now. my SO always says how beautiful other women are and even gets into detail about specific features. and never says anything remotely close to a compliment to me. plus, every women that he says he is attracted too looks completely opposite of me. it is a really hard slap in the face, especially since im 7 months preggo. so i just stopped complimenting him and started oogling other guys.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My dad has always been this way. I would get so angry and my mom wouldn't care. She even pointed out attractive women. I am very different. I find it horribly disrespectful for a man to make remarks about a woman in the presence of their wife/SO. I'm not an insecure woman, but it is hurtful for a man to compliment others constantly (or more vulgar-she's hot!) I would let your dh know how you feel when he says it. He or others may think you're just being sensitive, but when you're going through a difficult time where you can't be intimate, it's even more painful. Let him know you need to hear nice things about you too.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I went through this for YEARS. It began grating away at my self esteem. I was starting to lose my mind when he would tell me he'd love to bang our neighbor, or he couldn't finish his thought when a younger lady walked by us. You could literally watch his eyes focus on every young, pretty, slim girl in a square mile. I figured though at least he was looking in front of me, at least he was telling me these things, he wouldn't be stupid enough to cheat and be so open about wanting everyone else, so I didn't give him much grief. Anyway, a man's got to be a man, right? Wrong. He did cheat. Because it wasn't good enough to look anymore. And it was beyond disrespectful. Demand better from him.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2010