Prickly Heat

My 3.5 mths baby is covered with tiny red bumps in the folds of the neck, behind her ears, on her back and chest..They are tiny, little red bumps and I am almost positive that they are heat rash/ prickly heat. She has no fever. It is currently very cold in NJ and I think i put too many layers on her at night a cotton onesie, a fleece footsie (which is 100% polyester) and a halo sack made of fleece. Does anyone have any recommendation on what I need to do? I am seeing the doctor on Tuesday for her 3 mths checkup. I am now putting 2 layers on her cotton onesie and cotton footsie (i keep the temperature indoor to 75). I am currently bathing her in aveeno oatmeal bath and then i put aveeno eczema moisturizer on her..she had the outbreak for the last 2 days. does anyone use calamine lotion or cornstarch powder? any advice is very much appreciated. thanks.

rah20

Asked by rah20 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow, i wouldnt put so many layers on her. childrens body heat is a few degrees higher then ours already so she probably isnt that cold. she would prob just be good with the jammies. if it is aheat rash it will go away on its own, as long as you dont keep her so wrapped up.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Wow. My house doesn't get much higher than 70 IF I'm very lucky and my son doesn't have that many layers. He usually goes to bed in just a onesie and a warm quilt. He hwas a sleeper, when I can find it but we use it more for an about the house moveable blanket so he can stay warm werever he goes not just when he's sleeping. He also has only one and keeps major puking every time I put him it. LoL. BUt yeah. I'd say just a onesie and one warm sleeper or quilt should be neough. (My son is also about 3 and half months, 9.16)
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• youre putting too many layers on her. i do it to sometimes, not thinking, but think of it this way, if youre warm enough in what youre wearing, she should only have one more layer on. but if its like something fleecy, she would only need a blanket. just my op!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• cornstrach
    cherribarnett

Answer by cherribarnett at 10:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2010