Any ideas on how to handle a meddling mother in law?

My husbands mother hates me. She is so rude to me. I can't manage to do anything right. In front of my husband she treats me well enough to make him think there is no problem. I am constantly under attack. I don't discipline my children correctly, I don't clean my house the right way, I fold my clothes wrong, you name it I am wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Okay first (((HUGS))) Second get off your own back and third you need only say this and do so with a polite tone. "I may never do things the way you expect them to be done but I do what works for this family. Evene after smile and know two things you are the mother to your children and she is not setting the standard for your household you are. Smile and say this to her every time. This sentence stopped my grandma and my own mother from being to obnoxious. Believe it Momma that is your home your ship run it and know its for the best.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• im sorry, but i think when it comes to mother's in law like that your just kinda shit outta luck. your just either going to have to deal, or tell her off.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• My father is a very critical man. When he starts in, I often tell him that different isn't wrong. It is just different. That usually quiets him down.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 12:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010