Am I pregnant?

My period is 11 days late. I took a clear blue digital pt and got a "pregnant" result. I had symptoms but they are starting to go away. I read the reviews for this pt and there were ALOT of false positives. I took the test about 4 days ago. Now I'm starting to get light brown bleeding for three past two days. Is this normal?

Unsure10

Asked by Unsure10 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, it is very normal to spot at the beginning of a pregnancy. if you are still unsure about it though either get another test or go to the dr.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• u should go to the dr, they are the only one that can help you
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Yes, you're pregnant. Congratulations! Some spotting can be normal, it's the bad cramping with heavy bleeding you need to worry about. Just because you aren't having symptoms, other than a positive test doesn't mean you're any less pregnant than a woman with her head in the toilet and sore breasts. If it would make you feel better, take another test, or get a blood test.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:35 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• There arent false posotives only false negatives! Youre pregnant
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sherrae- There are false pos. tests...I got 2 of them before I found out I was pregnant....I would take a test then get a blood test from the doc and that would be neg. But it is super rare...im just lucky like that lol...
    But I would talk to your doc about it....They will give you the blood test and thats the only way to know for sure. Hope it turns out the way you want it to.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:42 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• There are no false positives, just very early miscarriages that are commonly called chemical pregnancies. Positive urine tests followed by negative blood tests are common because the HCG stays in your urine longer than it stays in your blood when a miscarriage has occurred. The only way a test comes up positive, is if there is HCG that it found. There are some meds that cause a false positive, but they are specifically fertility meds.

The false positives many people think the digital tests give them, are not false positives. What they do, is take the test apart, and see the two lines underneath the digital screen, and think that means positive, when it doesn't. The digital tests actually require more HCG than any other test to turn positive, so when those are positive, you're REALLY pregnant.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I just had a miscarriage and that is how it started. I felt very pregnant but when I started spotting the pregnancy signs started to fade away. I spotted for a week before i lost it, the spotting graduley turned into bleeding. I would deffinatly go to the doc and have your hcg levels and progesterone levels checked. Bleeding is normal in the early stage of pregnancy (implantation) but if you have had previous pregnancies and you did not bleed with them I would deffinatly consult your obgyn.
    jharve

Answer by jharve at 12:58 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sounds like you are pregnant. Spotting is normal! I would make an appointment with an OBGYN :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have never heard of that hpt having a lot of false positives...I used the same test and I am now 37 weeks along so I think it is safe to say that you are pregnant you could be going through implantation bleeding like the pp's said
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sounds like your preggo. Stop all the stressing.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2010