I can't help but be concerned.

I can't help but be a bit concerned. I'm almost 18 weeks with my 2nd child and I do not feel or look pregnant. I rarely feel the baby move. I just expected to feel more pregnant at this point. I also just found out that I have Gestational Diabetes again. (I had it with my first and was insulin dependent.) I'm just extremely depressed that I have gotten it so early and have to restrict my diet over the holidays. It would some how seem more worth it if I felt and looked pregnant. I can't wait for a sono to make this baby more tangible. Has anyone else felt or is feeling this way at this stage in pregnancy?

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just had my baby 9-25 and I felt the same way at 18 weeks because everyone kept saying that I looked too skinny to be pregnant. I didn't have gestational thankfully but was close to it because I failed my 1 hr and my 3 hr fasting was alittle on the high side but I passed. I felt pregnant though only because I was constantly vomitting and that was why I was pretty little I was worried to the whole entire pregnancy it's hard to not. You just want your baby to be healthy so it's normal for you to feel this way and most of the time there isn't anything wrong. Good luck, hope all goes well and congrats on your 2nd :)
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You couldn't tell I was pregnant until I was about 6 1/2 months along so don't feel bad. I felt awkward like people would think I was just getting a beer belly. LOL. I got to a point where I just wanted a big old preggo belly.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You won't really feel alot of movement until 20 - 22 weeks. I feel my baby every once and a while, when I am bending down or focused on feeling him laying in bed at night. (I am 19 weeks with second)
    Yesterday was tough for me because I was starting to get a bump and now I can't see it, don't feel the baby and just don't feel pregnant. But then I get another bout of morning sickness and realize that right now it is ok to not feel pregnant! :) I am sorry about your GD, that is tough. My cousin was insulin dependent with her baby. I hope you start to feel pregnant and your holidays are too destroyed.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I didn't even start to show until I was about 6 months along. I'm 34 weeks right now and most people think I'm like less than 5 months along. It's really funny to watch them freak when they learn I'm 6 weeks away from my due date. It took me a LONG time to start feeling pregnant. Don't stress too much about it, just take care of yourself and the baby and things will progress as they should.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 6:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008