Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Any other help out there for my back rent eviction notice?

I have gotten some help from DHS, Housing Services, Haven House and I still need to come up with $630. I tried to take out a loan, but my credit score was 40 points under what the bank wanted it to be at. I am just making enough money to pay our basic bills right now and I am on waiting lists for income based housing. I need the money now even though I wish I could wait for my income tax refund. Any other ideas out there that could help get the balance down any more?

Answer Question

Asked by laceymarie1986 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (7)

    but it's a longshot for either - good luck!

    More realistically??

    sell stuff on craigslist
    start offering tomorrow (night!) to clean houses or babysit kids for several nights
    stand on a street corner and sing Christmas carols with your hat out

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Check with tax places. If you have a paycheck stub showing your total income and taxes paid over the year, they might do an income tax anticipation loan. This is pretty expensive, for a return of $5,000 they will loan you about $4800 but you get the money in a couple days. HTH! p.s. I did this once.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • thanks, i will look into those :)

    Comment by laceymarie1986 (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • check into your local blood banks. You may be able to get money for plasma.

    Answer by Liansmommie at 1:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • You can get your refund now, through a tax preparation company and you would have to pay a few hundred dollars to get it done.


    Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • Check the local legal clinics. Most jurisdictions have strict rules about how and when you can evict, and steps that take place when you make a good faith effort to comply.

    Good luck!

    Answer by Busimommi at 2:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • United way, churches might be able to assist you. Give them a call. Good luck.

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Home & Garden
snowstorm 2010

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
TMI adult content