NOT a Mom... Yet...

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our first child for the past 8 months. For those who have been in this situation, you know how this can be an emotional rollercoaster. I am charting bbt, cm, and cp. I do opks. I have ordered some Fertility Blend and Preseed, which I will start using when it arrives.

What worked for you?? Help, any tips would be great! I can't wait to be a Mommy!

isabellem

Asked by isabellem at 1:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We tried for 2 years. I understand perfectly what you're going through. I can simply reinforce what you probably already know. Be as healthy as you can be-- that means a good weight (not too thin, not overweight), getting all the nutrients you need, getting plenty of rest, and keeping yourself mentally fit as well. Remember that your body also "knows" when to get pregnant. You will have a harder time getting pregnant when your body is overstressed-- it cannot tell if you're overstressed from work, or from running for your life! So for every stressul thing-- be sure to pamper yourself as well.

If you don't get pregnant in a year, be sure to get checked out to make sure there isn't something posing as a barrier.

I cannot pinpoint what got us pregnant-- just that we did after 2 years of trying. Now, we're pregnant after trying for 3 months for baby #2. Your body is funny that way.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I used the ovulation predictors as well as cp checking. I got pregnant with both girls in no time!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Don't try so hard, let it happen, relax. Try to have fun while trying :) just to take some of the stress down.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• try sex positions that level your pelvis up, maybe add a pillow to raise it up a little.....
    vall11

Answer by vall11 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It never works if you try plan a romantic evening massages candles dinner etc and just think about each other and not having a baby good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• For the last 2yrs after I lost my first baby at 6weeks, doctors told me I wouldn't be able to carry a child. It would also be hard for me to even get pregnant in the first place. I accepted that and just tried to enjoy life. I think the key is to take all of the stress out of trying to get pregnant... I know sounds a whole hell of a lot harder said then to actually do. However, if you can work on not worrying about it, and put the love and spice back into your love life. You should have no problem. :) I am 27 weeks pregnant, and going strong. :) He is perfectly healthy! Good luck! :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Try not to stress too much. Do some yoga, meditate, take a vacation, anything to help reduce your stress hormones, which can really prevent you from conceiving.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I agree with every one. Have you tried sex every other day?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2010