*vent* about mother

I dont even know where to began with how im feeling...one thought races in before the other has a chance to even leave...so many questions i dont even have the answers too...i never really thought i was that bad of a mom...i know we all may or may not have moments in life where we do or just want to give up...well i gave up since i had no support what so ever... i was used taken advantage of manipulated degraded and all other kinds of other inhumane things you can imagine...what was i thinking to beleive that she could be a mature adult and HELP me in my time of need after all YOU are MY mother...many years have passed things have deffinatly improved but yet you just wont let me BE ME!!! I am sick and tired of everytime I take 10 steps forward you drag me back 15...i should be stronger then this but yet I am still just a child...YOURS!!! you have now taken and turned my own kids against me...my daughter tells me she hates me when all ive done is try...and my son tells me i am nothing but a "birthing chamber"!!! REALLY!?!? thats all i am?? after all i never open up MY home to not just my kids but ALL of you & then YOUR boyfriend puts a move on me and now WE have to suffer for the rest of your natural life!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?! I am so THANKFUL that I am NOT turning out to be like you!!!!

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are responcible for you. Not how your mother treats you, or how you children turn out. You are only responcible for the decisions you make. Love yourself- know that you are doing your best, let that be enough and you will never be dissapointed. Don't let em drag you down.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• The relationship with mother is a tough one. And I can relate. I agree with stenhouse-that u have to be strong and keep your head up. Easier said than done, but do it. If the children are old enough to know the truth, then the truth will prevail. If your mother is wrong, she will get her judgement back. Are you responsible for your children or is your mother responsible? If you are responsible for the children then your mother has too much input. If your mother is responsible for the children, then you forfeit control and she can say whatever she wants by default. Flip the script...become a responsible person with or without the drama. I wish you well.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 3:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Oh my...how much pain they have caused you. First, my mom was cruel. She was also disturbed. She turned my family against me. Someone said," Truth does prevail!!" Now all my sisters talk to me & no one has anything to do with her. You be yourself! You keep loving your kids. Tell them you acknowledge their feeling & want them to know you'll be here if they ever need you. Maybe its time to disconnet from your mom for awhile. If she doesn't live with you, when she comes over meet her at the door & tell her you were just leaving. Don't take her calls or make them brief. Don't give her any information about you or your children. Get out of the house & find some place to go. Take up a class about something you've always wanted to learn. Start a club for Teen Mom's or doing crafts. Go learn scrapbooking. You can stay at the shop for hours & let everyone take care of themselves, including you! Time 4 u to get some joy! Plz Text me!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 7:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I just saw the ages of your children. Hard to get out of the house alone isn't it? Is there any way you can do some babysitting swapping with others? Maybe finding a place you can take your children and still have some you time...As far as your son goes, I'm sure he heard that comment from his grandma. He's too young to come up with that. It's an adult comment if ever I heard one! You need some friend that can rally around you instead of mom. I say this because you need to be encouraged right now. You need some love and hope. Do you go to church? Not trying to get too personal, just that they have a lot of programs for the youth of all ages. Giving you some time for you...Just a thought... I hope you will remember, trust your own instincts. You have a great mind and a beautiful smile! No one can take it away from you unless you choose to let them win! Here if you need support!

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 7:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2010