i have noticed

That a lot of time when a woman posts a question in the need of answers that she only gets a few responses and if she post something silly everyone answers. Why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• My guess is that everyone can relate to something funny, but not everyone has dealt with whatever the serious question is asking. Or most of the time if I see an answer I would give to a more serious question, I just bump up the good answer and move on. No sense in rewriting the exact same thing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• i dont know but i hate it :[
    NatiesMommy

Answer by NatiesMommy at 3:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• we just meet all kind of moms here at CM .. we can't like all qstn either all answers posted , its little image of a big world and different socities and state of minds

Happy New Year ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 3:04 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Me too! It upsets me. I always go to the unanswered questions and try to answer as many questions that I know the answers to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• fun questions seem to work for most everyone-
    specific questions/problems have less people that can relate or know what kind of advice to give so they will get less answers
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:31 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Silly questions are easy to answer; serious ones can be harder especially if the post is about something real specific.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Some people claim it has to do with the popularity of the poster, but I'm not so sure about that one.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• A lot of questions only have one answer:
    My child has a fever and a rash, what do I do? Call a doctor
    Am I pregnant? Maybe
    Can they sue me/garnish my check/take me to court? Yes
    Are those WAH things scams? Usually

Some people don't even bother to answer them anymore because they've been asked a million times already, and some figure once they have the right answer, they don't need it 50 more times. There is no reason to continue replying to those questions unless you're just looking for points.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2010