Do you get bugged if you want to use the cell phone?

My s/o and I share a prepaid cell phone and it sucks. He gets really inquisitive if I grab it. I think he is worried that I will talk on it for a long time. Does anybody else have this probablem?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 3:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I tihnk the key here is not the issue of the phone, but rather the trust issue which seems to be bothering you. If you really feel as though he doesn't trust you to be financially responsible, that is the conversation. So much of a relationship is about sharing, and it isn't always easy (like my favorite cookies) but it is important for a good relationship.
    Maybe just ask him why he is inquisitive around your phone useage and go from there.....

Best of luck.
    Noahs_Mom2005

Answer by Noahs_Mom2005 at 4:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No,I have my own and soon I will be paying for my own.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Not really. My husband I have seperate phones. My main cell problem is that he'll get after me if his phone buzzes a text and I go to look at it before handing the phone off to him, like if it's nearer me than him. But he's CONSTANTLY getting my phone (I tend to abandon it when I leave a room by accident) picking it up to check when a text buzzer goes of and not even telling me so I'm always m issing texts that may not be important to him but were meaninful to me (like my friend got her care package with christmas gifts).
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:00 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Nope. We both have our own cell phones. We have a contract phone with AT&T, so we can talk as much as we want and text as much as we want.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 4:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No, I have my own cell phone. Not prepaid either. I am always leaving my cell laying around the house. I don't care if he looks at it. I have nothing to hide.

Answer by louise2 at 4:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Nope. We both have our own phones, and they're not prepaid. =/

Since you have the internet, you should really look into getting Skype. It's like 10 bucks a month and you get your own phone number and voice mail. You can also just do the 3.00 a month plan, but you don't get your own phone number... so people can't call you. Only you can call people. Totally worth it IMO.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No. Why don't you pay for your own, then you won't have to worry. If he's paying for it, then he has a righth to be upset if you are using a lot of minutes. If you're paying equally, then you each should get half the minutes. Might not be a good idea to grab it also.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• No, my hubby and I have our own phones and we can call each other and text anyone for free. I don't use a lot of the minutes and neither does he. We don't have any jealousy or mistrust around use of our cell phones. Everyone I talk to or text he knows, and the same for him. But I do remember what it's like to be on guard about when my phone would go off and not knowing who it would be. I don't go through his phone and I don't look at his messages. He has done it once to me, but nothing came of it.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 9:47 AM on Dec. 27, 2010