teething?

Well, its 2 am and I'm still awake with my daughter. I think she is teething. Her cheeks are red, she won't sleep (just wants to lay on me), diarrhea, sore booty. Are these symptoms of teething? My 1st daughter didn't do this. She isn't running a fever.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 5:03 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Then yeah, she's teething =)

Biter biscuits aren't that good, or weren't for my DD. 1. they're incredibly messy and 2. they can break off and the kid can choke.

I'd recommend a cold teething ring or wash cloth... Even an all natural popsicle if you have one. We'd also put her sippy cup or bottle tops in the freezer and keep them chilled when she was teething.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:29 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Can't say my DD ever had red cheeks or a fever teething. It also never affected her sleep.

She did have diarrhea and bad diaper rash. She also drooled a lot. But, the bad diapers didn't start until I could see her gums were popping up, and that a tooth was going to come through really soon.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It looks like she's getting teeth. Her gums are all puffy and red on top. I just checked
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 5:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• my son had a fever when he was teething and he cried alot there is something in the store called a biter bisquit it's like a really hard cracker type cookie it helped my son. The doc told me it works so well because the taste takes their mind off the pain unlike regular teething rings. oh and i gave him tylonol for the fever.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 5:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Ok I will try that :) I gave a biter bisquit to her once and she bit right into! I never gave them to her again after that! And yes they r so messy. I have a picture of my 3 year old when she was 9 month covered in a biter bisquit. Needless to say she needed a bath afterwards, lol. Thanks you for all your answers! I appreciate it!
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2010