How natural is it for toddlers to be needy?

My children are constanly wanting my attention. I could be at fault because I may not give enough of my attention. However they are like that with my partner as well. And he plays and holds them lots. How natural is it for toddlers to be clingy with you? I know you don't have to pick up them up constatly. My daughter ( 18 months)lots of the time wants to be held while playing or teaching her something. My oldest is son is 3.5 yrs old.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 5:35 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it is very natural toddlers love attention especially from parents My first son drove me crazy because he demanded my attention. always under my feet i tripped over him alot. My mom told me to give him a pan and a wooden spoon and let him bang on it. well it worked he banged on that dang pan and left me alone but after 15 minutes i decided i would rather him demand my attention than to listen to that banging lol. So when I told my mom that she said that was the point cherish the time your children want to spend with you because soon they will be older and you will have to try to get their attenton. My son is now 26 and she was right that is a wonderful time when you know that they need you.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 5:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• They are toddlers. This behavior is very normal. They will grow out of it and soon be teling you they need there privacy (eight year old told me this on Christmas DAy lol). Enjoy this time because it will be gone in no time.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Toddlers need to much attention? this is news to me.You are moma! enjoy it while you can you will not see it long
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2010