What are age appropriate toys for 18 month old?

I have a daughter who just turned 18 months. I don't really have a clue on what kinda toys to get her. Some of the things I already have are big chunky crayons, big puzzles, and those shape block thingy's. I would some toys she could play with for a long time untill she's yrs old. I don't have alot of money to be buyings tons of toys for a short period of time. Thanks.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 5:56 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids all liked duplo blocks (the larger legos) for several years. Around 18 months they started out just stacking blocks in a tower, but as they got older they would actually build houses, cars, etc. with them. Fisher Price Little People sets are fun things she will play with for several years - we have several sets and my kids have all loved them, for a girl I would recommend the house (it comes with a mom, dad, and baby).
    Balls of all sizes are great for kids to keep them active!

Answer by missanc at 10:17 AM on Dec. 27, 2010