What is an exceptable curfew for 16yr olds during holiday break?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 6:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I had to be home at 9 during the week and midnight on the weekends. I also think it depends on how mature your 16 year old. I would gear how late by how responsible your kiddo is.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• What does your city's law dictate as curfew for a minor? Around here, it's 11 pm for anyone under 18.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I would say 9 or 10 - depending on what she is doing and who she is with
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:22 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• It would depend on where he's going and who he's with.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:20 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• the law here is 10 pm
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:09 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sixteen year olds shouldn't be out unless they are supervised. We allowed ours to go to the homes of friends whose parents we knew well, and the door at our house was always open to their friends. They didn't have their own cars until they were in college, so either we had to pick them up or their friends' parents had to bring them home. There was no set curfew. Every event was decided on its own merits, and a lot depended on whether it was a week night or a week-end. Daddy still had to get up and go to work, and they were taught to consider him and not just what they wanted to do. It turned out very well for us and for them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Around here it's 11 pm unless comming from work or a school activity but it is NEVER enforced. I think that 12 is a good time when there is not school the next day. I had to come home by 12 if there was no school/ church. 11 for sat because of church the next day and one weekends, I really didn't go out much cause i had band practice 3 days a week for half the year but when I did, I had to be home by 9pm. I think that is pretty fair
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Depends on city curfew and what the normal curfew is. I wouldn't change it just because it is vacation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I'm not big on curfews as long as I know where they are and who they are with and what time they will be home.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• 16 is a Junior? For my sons as Juniors their curfew on non-school nights was 10p as long as they had VALID plans. They were not allowed to just hang out somewhere.....they had to have set in stone plans like ggoing to to the movies, bowling, skating, etc. and if they did go to someones house to play games, watch movies, etc. I had to know the parents and they had ti have supervision.
    Anonymous