Christmas

My son will be a little over 9 months for christmas. I have NO idea what to get him. i want toys that will grow with him. He already crawls and is pulling himself up but he already has two of those push toys. Any ideas?? I would really like it if the toys were made in the US.... but its not a must.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 9:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the exersauser idea would not work for him he likes to move to much. He likes his jumperoo.(im his Auntie) But you could get him some big legos (that is what matt wants to get him)or those Clipo things.
    SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We only got our babies one small toy their first year. They are so small and have no clue whats going on, not to mention they get spoiled by everyone else!

How about those Peek-a-blocks...I think they're Fisher Price. My kids still play with theirs and they're 2, 4, and 5.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We always loved the leap frog toys and fisher price. Pretty much anything like that will grow with them . My son was 3 months old his first xmas and we bought him some leap frog toys that he still plys with now and he's 3. And alot of toys tell you what ages so they will say like 9-36 mos and you know how long they will last so you can get your moneys worth and your kid will play with them for a long time.
    maggieradford

Answer by maggieradford at 10:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• try an exersauser, one that has adjustable legs so it can be raised as he grows, i got one when my daughter was 6 mths and she still plays with it at 15mths
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You should definitely check out Fisher-Price.com. There are a lot of toys that you can pick from that grow with your child. They have this one that is awesome. Here is the link, just copy it into your browser. http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900002&e=storeproduct&pid=45363§ion=inf_outdoor
    It will grow from sitting to standing with your baby and I am getting it for that very reason.
    mscottsmom

Answer by mscottsmom at 10:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my daughter's birthday is in january so for her first christmas we got her spoons/forks, new sippy cups and bowls/plates. we also got her one baby toy, a push toy that folds down into a ride on toy.
    she had fun opening the cups and bowls and they were all items that she was going to need when she turned 1.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• we got our son a fisher price inter active table, he is now 13 months and still plays with it, along with many other kids 1-3 that come over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My children weren't too impressed with the toys that we would buy them. They loved playing with boxes--the bigger the better--more than anything. They did love to sit up and play in the car play thing, you know, where you put them in the seat and turn them 360 degrees.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008