What can I do to get a 4yr old to want to take a bath?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 6:34 AM on Dec. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The bath paints always worked for my boys. They loved making a mess in the bathtub while getting clean. The key is to make it as quick as possible.. Clean their body while the water is running or as soon as they get in, then give them free reign to play with the paints.

Just know, the problem does not stop at 4! My 12 year old has man funk and hates to shower! (Sorry for the bad news)
    tway75

Answer by tway75 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• bribe him?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Bubbles in the bath. Or by force. I never gave my kids a choice. Either you go willingly or I make you go.

Answer by louise2 at 6:45 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• bath paints and bath markers! Comes off easily
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 6:41 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• soft bath toys. My son loves his toys in the bath tub!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• For a child to get a bath is a pain . Make it fun play w/them so that they enjoy the bath and not something that she /him feels they have to do. Even us as grown do not like when we know we have to do something and dont feel like it. We are grown up and at times we dont feel like doing something that we dont really care so image a child. From babytiger.
    babytiger127

Answer by babytiger127 at 7:24 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You can't make him want to, but you can set a time and say it's bath time. Then put him in the tub. He may never look forward to it nor get excited about it, but perhaps, he will come to accept it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have the same issue, my DS is 3 and he hates bath time. If he's good (not crying/yelling), he can play in the tub with his toys after the bathing is done - if not, he gets right out. It doesn't make him hate the bath any less, but he's not as bad about them now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:39 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• You have to make him bathe, your in charge hes not. You can try and make it fun for him but at the end of the day hes going to get clean no matter what it takes.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• make it fun.... tell him it's time for a swim with toys!
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2010